How To Apply For The Caregiver Program From Outside Canada 2021
Are you a foreign caregiver who wishes to become one of the caregivers in Canada in 2021? If yes, then you have two options at your disposal under the new Canada Caregiver program. You can apply through the Home Child Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker Pilot.
To complete this caregiver application from outside Canada, you need to follow simple steps:
Step 1: Get a valid job offer
You need a genuine and valid job offer before you apply. The person who wants to hire you needs to give you the completed Offer of Employment IMM 5983 (PDF, 2.33 KB) for you to sign and include in your application.
Step 2: Get the instruction guide
If you’re applying from outside Canada
Use the instruction guide for applicants outside Canada to get the forms you need and to help you fill out the forms correctly.
Step 3: Complete your application
- Fill out the forms on a computer
- Some forms have a ‘Validate’ button that helps you check if you completed all the fields in the form. When you’re done filling out these forms, click ‘Validate’
- If there are any fields you still need to fill out, they’ll be outlined in red
- After you successfully validate the forms, you’ll get a barcode page
- Print out all the forms, including the barcode pages
- Sign and date all forms
- Use the Document Checklist – Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker [IMM 5981] (PDF, 3.39 MB) to make sure you have everything.
Answer all questions carefully, completely and truthfully. There are serious consequences if you misrepresent yourself or leave out relevant information on your application.
Step 4: Pay your application fees
In most cases, your fees include:
- processing fees for you and anyone you include on your application for permanent residence
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
- work permit processing fee and open work permit holder fee
- biometrics fee
Study and work permit fees for your family members
If your family members are applying for study or work permits with your application, you need to pay fees for those too.
When you finish paying your fees, you must print a receipt for each of your payments and include all your receipts with your application.
You have to pay your fees online.
You and your family members may need to give your fingerprints and photograph (biometric information) at a biometric collection service point.
In most cases, you must pay a biometrics fee when you submit your application. Otherwise you may experience delays. The biometrics fee covers the cost of collecting fingerprints and a digital photo.
After you pay the biometrics fee with a complete application, we’ll send you a letter to tell you if you need to give your biometrics and where you can go. You must show this letter when you give your biometrics.
You must give your biometrics in person. You should book an appointment.
You have to pay third parties if you need a:
The instruction guide can help you understand which fees apply to you and how to pay them.
Step 5: Submit your application
Make sure you:
- answer all questions
- sign your application and all forms
- include your fee payment receipt, and
- include all the supporting documents
Before you submit your application, use the Document Checklist – Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker [IMM 5981] (PDF, 3.39 MB) to make sure you don’t forget anything. If you forget something, your application will be sent back to you.
Mail your complete application to the appropriate address at the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.Don’t send your application to any other processing center or immigration office.