Job Opportunity for a Male Personal Support Worker (PSW)
We are currently seeking a compassionate and dedicated Male Personal Support Worker (PSW) to assist a male quadriplegic individual with Activities of Daily Living (ADL). This position is located in North York, near Young Street and Steeles Avenue.
Location: North York [Young Street/Steeles Avenue]
Job Type: Part-time
- Physical Fitness: The ideal candidate must be tall and physically strong as they will be assisting with transfers and other physical tasks.
- Friendly: A friendly and patient demeanor is essential to provide emotional support and companionship.
- Valid Driver’s License: The candidate should possess a valid driver’s license as driving is required for doctor’s appointments, shopping, and other errands.
- Mondays and Fridays
- 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- Prepare lunch for the individual.
- Assist with sorting and organizing paperwork.
- Drive the individual to doctor’s appointments, shopping, and other necessary errands.
- Engage in various other random activities based on the individual’s needs.
- Provide assistance with ADL as required, including:
- Transfer in and out of bed using a mechanical lift.
- Bed baths.
- Assisting with dressing and undressing.
- General hygiene care.
- Managing a bowel routine.
- Overnight care, including turning the individual at 2 AM, 4 AM, and 6 AM.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending their resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.